POSITION VACANT communication and administration officer
About the business
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Illawarra has an active and facilitative role in the Illawarra region, with a clear focus on Growing a strong and confident regional economy that harnesses competitive advantages, sizes on economic opportunities and attracts investment.
RDA Illawarra Board, its CEO and staff are neutral brokers and collaborators across all levels of government, community, business and stakeholders for the growth of the Illawarra's economy (including Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama LGA's).
About the role
RDA Illawarra (RDAI) is looking for a highly motivated Communication and Administration Officer. The successful applicant will have highly developed communication and marketing skills, including a strong understanding of the latest trends in social media. They will be a confident communicator (both oral and written skills) and have the capacity to work with people at all levels of organisations across various stakeholders.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work independently; strong capacity for using their initiative and the ability to manage competing priorities. They will have experience working in various communication and administrative programs and systems. The role is full time for a fixed term, up to December 2020.
1. Develop and implement the organisations communication strategy, including the social media campaign and use of various methodologies, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and targeted campaigns
2. Undertake communication tasks, including monthly eNews development; quarterly report to the region; website updates; and develop media releases
3. Liaise with stakeholders for the organisation of meetings, diary management, event management and gathering information
4. Undertake administrative tasks ranging from preparing documents in word, excel, powerpoint or other systems
5. Implement administrative systems to support the reporting requirements, including financial administration, business plan and outcomes-based reports
6. Work with a high degree of autonomy and exercise authority to take decisions in relation to parameters set by the CEO
7. Support the CEO in day-to-day management of the organisation
8. Other tasks as required.
Benefits and perks
An attractive base salary package and super structured to attract high quality candidates will be available, dependent upon skill level and experience.
Skills and experience
Selection Criteria / Key Competencies:
1. Highly developed communication and marketing skills, including the ability to both develop and implement the latest trends in social media
2. Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare marketing communications, reports, presentations and succinct documents
3. Highly developed stakeholder liaison skills, including the ability to work effectively with government, community and business stakeholders
4. Demonstrated administration skills, including financial management; and strong organisational skills
5. Demonstrated experience in understanding complex matters, including project implementation and reporting
6. Demonstrated experience in working both collaboratively as well as independently
7. Well-developed problem-solving skills
8. Ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
Ability to develop new systems and methodologies of work which are both efficient and effective.
Applications to the attention of Debra Murphy, CEO, RDA Illawarra, addressing the Essential and Desirable criteria, attaching a copy of your CV, close 18 June 2018 at 5pm.