TRANSPORT & STRATEGIC INFRASTRUCTURE
We believe that Transport & Strategic Infrastructure is an important priority for the Illawarra. We currently facilitate an Infrastructure Forum in the region where key stakeholders get together to discuss infrastructure priorities and ways to progress them. Current projects we are working on include:
- Support for the Maldon-Dombarton Rail Link
- Support for the Outer Harbour development at the Port of Port Kembla
- Development of the Albion Park Regional Airport
- Faster rail links to Sydney
- Faster road links to Sydney
- Support for the upgrade to the WIN Entertainment Centre (WEC) as a Convention Centre.
We have also worked closely on a regional submission to the NSW Government’s Rebuilding NSW Discussion Paper. Our top three priorities for the submission include faster rail links to Sydney, faster road links to Sydney and for the completion of the Maldon to Dombarton Rail Link. A copy of the submission can be viewed here.
Australian Infrastructure Audit - Illawarra Submission
In August, RDA Illawarra and the Illawarra Business Chamber submitted a joint Illawarra submission to the Australian Infrastructure Audit. See the submission here
- Identify other potential sources of funding for regionally strategic projects
- Work with project proponents to ensure projects align with the RDA Illawarra Regional Plan
- Work with successful applicants to ensure project implementation and completion
- Seek opportunity for comment or submission on strategic regional infrastructure.
CURRENT TRANSPORT & STRATEGIC INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS
Our RDA Illawarra Chairman, Eddy De Gabriele, along with Warwick Shanks co-chair the Sub-Committee on Transport and Strategic Infrastructure. Would you like to know more about any of our Transport & Strategic Infrastructure projects? Want to know how you can be involved? Get in touch with us today and we can tell you more.